Who we are
Damteq is one of the most experienced Growth Marketing Agencies in Hampshire. We are confident in our ability to deliver complex marketing and business growth strategies that others can’t. Our clients know us to be approachable, super-friendly and responsive. We can do marketing that others can’t, so we have clients working with us repeatedly.
Our people are the most significant asset, and that’s why some of the best companies choose to work with us. The Human Way isn’t just our trademark; it’s the only way at Damteq. Our core values are centred around just being lovely people. We’re a super friendly and honest bunch and love to have a bit of fun (especially on Fridays!).
Who you are
The role is suited for someone with at least 12 – 18 months of experience in a similar role (in-house or agency), or who can demonstrate a high-level working knowledge of Web Development.
The successful candidate can hit the ground running and be passionate about digital innovations with a positive attitude, dedication and willingness to work hard.
What you’ll do
The role will see you working on developing multiple complex WordPress websites to deadlines for our clients, pro-actively working using your time management to complete projects on time.
You will work closely with all members of the web team in the planning, designing and building of our client’s websites and brands.
Your day to day
- Create and build website layouts to client specifications by writing code, designing pages and widgets, and incorporating graphics and video elements.
- Work with clients and colleagues to determine website needs and provide regular updates to the Web Project Manager
- Identify the best plug-ins and applications to provide websites with new features and functionality and install them accordingly
- Test websites using a variety of browsers, including Google Chrome, Safari, Mozilla Firefox and debugs as necessary
- Understand the latest and legacy browsing capabilities including mobile
- Maintain websites by checking for errors, broken links, and hacking attempts
- Develop knowledge of website accessibility standards and legal requirements
- Advice on website security and install updated software to ensure that websites and client data remain secure
- Work with the Web team to deliver the website on time and within budget.
- Log and track code updates using online repositories
- Comment all code effectively for easy management
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of Front end designing and back end development
- Extensive knowledge and experience of building WordPress CMS websites using the best practice and de-facto standard plugins
- Experience using GIT, MAMP and Gulp
- Experience creating plugins/widgets written to confirm with the WordPress coding standards
- Create clean, logical, well-documented and re-usable code
- Theme/Template Integration
- Good understanding of cross-platform and cross-browser issues
- Driven and focused – Not to mention detail orientated, We deliver world-class experiences, and we won’t let any small details fall through the cracks.
- Commercially minded – We don’t just churn our projects; we’re looking for someone who appreciates and invests in the broader growth and achievements of Damteq.
- Enthusiastic – We want someone who brings excitement and passion to every project.
- Happy to be challenged – We want our team to learn from one another continually. Our people will always be experimenting with new trends and challenging new ways of doing things.
- Happy to work at a destination agency – Damteq is a go-to agency for clients and talent. We don’t play second fiddle. We’re looking for people keen to commit and add value to our business.