Social media will forever change the way businesses market their products and services to business prospects. Gone are the days that selling is just a one-on-one transaction. These days, it can be a to-and-fro affair, prospects can help you in marketing or can be your worst PR nightmare. But how can this help you in generating qualified B2B sales leads that you are looking for? It can in many ways, and their impact can be really unlimited. Social media marketing can be the most powerful marketing tool when done properly, this can be very useful especially today that business consumers are often seen online. So how can you make a social media campaign efficient? We must first examine the fundamental steps:
1. Defining the goals – when planning for prospects to come, you must first figure out why exactly you are in business in the first place. What is the problem? What are you trying to achieve? Why are you using social media marketing? Doing this can help you in defining parameters that will guide you in, for example, your appointment setting campaign.
2. Crafting the actions – once you have finished defining what you want, you must then come up with the action plan to employ to reach that goal. What tools do you need? What communication mediums to you have to use? How much will it cost you, if any? Should you concentrate you marketing solely on social media, or should you augment your campaign with email marketing or even telemarketing? These are just some questions you ought to answer.
3. Setting the standards – this is also a very important goal, since this is where you answer the question of whether your campaign is a success or not. How can you judge performance? On what measurements are you putting your operations against? Once you have identified the issues, can you make improvements to it? What your reply will be can help you on this part. You need to make the right plan to be sure of it.
4. Getting the people – the people doing the job is also an important factor to consider. Should you do it in house, or outsource the work to a lead generation firm? Do you have the budget for this? What should you look for in your telemarketers or appointment setters? You need to make the right choices in hiring people to avoid any costly mistakes.
5. Preparing the follow-up – after the campaign, you also need to have some sort of post-campaign analysis to help you in defining the success or failure of your campaign. Sure, there are a lot of things you need to worry about, but as long as your goals are clear and you are sure of your campaign process, then what to do next will be easy. The important point is that you answer this question: Is your campaign successful or not?